We created this closed group so that you can connect with other members in the cohort who are going through the Alena programme. Thank you for being here.
What is this community for?
- We’ll be posting daily messages with some tips and information about the therapy
- You’re in a group of women like you, working on social anxiety, so treat this as a place to share your challenges and ask for support
- You can also report any issues with the app here or ideas for new features
I installed Alena, what now?
You now have access to 3 main features of the Alena app:
- Home: therapy exercises with regular progress check-ins
- Recharge: short and simple exercises to help you soothe anxiety in the moment
- Community: Access to our new and improved Community space where you will find surveys, resources and reflection prompts to support you and give you a space to support others
Each of the 4 modules has 2-3 exercises, and each exercise takes about 10-15 minutes.
A session with Alena can therefore be as long or short as you would like, and can be combined with engaging with the community or using the Recharge exercises.
How can I make the most of this programme?
- Pace yourself. This programme is not about finishing the programme in one sitting but about making time for your growth and learning new tools. We recommend leaving at least 1-2 days of break between exercises, so you have time to integrate what you learn into your everyday life. You can use the Recharge exercises and Community as much or as little as you prefer.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for support. Therapy is not always easy, and the Community is there to support you. If you feel comfortable, please try to share your challenges as you will likely find others there who might be working through similar challenges. Or you might find that you can support another member experiencing something you already went through. The Community is anonymous and everyone understands in a deep way what it is like to live with social anxiety.
- Final tip: try to create a habit of using Alena around your existing habits. If you have tea in the morning or shower in the evening, might you be able to set a reminder to use Alena for 15 minutes around that time?
How do I report a bug?
If you find a bug (for example, something crashes or a button doesn’t work), please post a screenshot and short description of it in this space and we will respond as soon as we can. The sooner we know, the fewer people will have the same issue.
How do I ask a question or make a suggestion?
Please post any questions you have in this group, or email Sofie at: firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Please post any suggestions you have in the 'Requests' space here.