Hello lovely community, happy Friday. 🌷🌷🌷(did yesterday also feel a little bit like spring to you?)
I wanted to share this old article from 2016 with 7 great tips for talking yourself down from an anxiety spiral.
The tips come from Dr. Susan Buchholz who was a practicing clinical psychologist for 37 years. I've been trying to seek out "wise elders" in my life for a while, and she seems like she could be one of them (even if I'm just getting her council through the internet).
The 7 tips are:
1. Define what’s happening as anxiety.
2. Distance yourself from your anxious thoughts.
3. Break down the source of your anxiety into bite-size pieces.
4. Practice mental discipline.
5. Learn how you think.
6. Consider using external behaviors.
7. Build up your mind’s quiet-seeking muscles.
The article has more explanation and context for each.
Hope you find these helpful. Not to plug the Alena app too much, but it really is designed to help you do all of these things in a gentle, straightforward, and interactive way.
Wishing you a sunny Friday with rest and deliciousness 🧡🥐☕