The festive season 🎊 is coming up and as the Alena community we would like to provide you with extra support and resources to feel more at ease.
The Mind Foundation found that 1 in 4 adults in the UK feel anxious about social gatherings during the holidays.
There are increased number of social gatherings, many of them including:
- meeting strangers
- being seen eating
- buying gifts for others that could be judged
- fear of social mishaps
We want you to know that it is ok to experience social anxiety thinking about holidays.
And as a community, we want to empower you to take a lead in your own recovery.
So, we're launching a new temporary channel in the community called Holiday Support where you can:
- connect with others who understand what you feel 🧑💻
- get evidence-based resources to feel more socially comfortable 📝
- get motivation to change your habits by doing it with others 🏃♀️
In order to join the new channel and receive the resources, please:
Go to Holiday Support 💝 channel
Click "Join" in the top right corner
We're starting today and the theme for this week is "Set intentions".
Over the next week we will explain the value of intention setting and share an interactive exercise for you to set your own intentions for the holidays.
In the next weeks leading up to the holidays we'll post about:
- Learning new skills of managing anxiety in social situations 🏋️♀️
- Challenging habits (we'll host a Q&A on drinking with an expert!)🙋♀️
- Putting it into practice with the support of the community 👫
We hope that you give Holiday Support 💝 a try and find it helpful in preparation for the festive season.
You can also reply to this email if you have any suggestions about the kind of support that you would find helpful. We would love to incorporate your suggestions as they might help other members too.
With love and best wishes,
Alena's Community Team 💗